What could possibly be tastier than a fabulous Valentine’s Day treat to spice up the beginning of such an important day? First impressions are the key to leaving a great impression. So start the day off right by impressing your loved one with your talents of an amazing treat made with love by you!
5. Let’s start things off easy with the delicious Heart- Shaped Cookies & Milk: Yes, cookies & milk –how basic. But these cookies are done the FABULOUS way. All you will need is a heart shape cookie cutter, a knife to poke a hole in the cookie, a paper or plastic straw and a simple glass of milk.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 c. confectioners’ sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 ½ c. all-purpose flour
A. In a large bowl, beat together butter and confectioners’ sugar using an electric mixer set on medium-high speed.
B. Add eggs, vanilla, and salt, and beat until combined. Reduce mixer speed to low, add flour, and mix until dough is smooth.
4. Let’s step it up another notch with a Fabulous favorite of V-Day Donuts! These directions will be enough for 6 donuts and it only takes 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp vegetable/canola oil
- 1/3 cup Wilton Candy Melts Light Pink + ½ tbsp vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup Wilton Candy Melts Bright Pink + ½ tbsp vegetable shortening
ROYAL ICING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 & ½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ tbsp meringue powder
- 1 tbsp & 1 tsp water
- Plus: gel based food coloring (pictures show pink & purple)
A. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
B. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
C. In a separate bowl combine the milk, egg, vanilla, and oil until blended. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
D. Transfer batter into a large piping bag (if you don’t have a piping bag you can use a Ziploc bag and cut one corner off.) Pipe the batter into the donut pan, filling each donut hole about 2/3 full.
E. Bake the donuts for 10 minutes then remove from the oven and let the donuts sit for 10 minutes to cool.
Base icing directions:
- Melt 1/3 cup of each color candy melts with the vegetable shortening in separate bowls. (Microwave on 50% power for 2 minutes and stir every 30 seconds until melted.)
- Pour the melted chocolate into a small dish and begin dipping your donut into the chocolate!
- Let donuts cool on a rack.
Royal icing directions:
- Combine powdered sugar, meringue powder and water into a mixing bowl and mix on low speed for 3-5 minutes.
- Divide the royal icing into separate bowls depending on how many colors you want.
- Use a small squeeze bottle to add the details.
- Begin to decorate the donuts as you desire for your loved one!
3. Marshmallow Treats. YUM! This Fabulous dish makes enough for 12 servings. You will have plenty to last you for the entire night and even the next day!
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 10- ounce package tiny marshmallows
- 1 13- ounce jar marshmallow crème
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 7 cups crisp rice cereal
A. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Lightly butter foil; set pan aside.
B. In a 6- to 8-quart heavy Dutch oven melt the 1/4 cup butter over low heat. Stir in marshmallows. Cook and stir until marshmallows are melted and smooth. Stir in marshmallow crème, vanilla, and salt until combined. Remove from heat. Add cereal to marshmallow mixture, stirring gently to coat.
C. Transfer cereal mixture to the prepared baking pan. Using a buttered spatula or buttered waxed paper, press mixture firmly and evenly into pan. Let stand until set
D. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan. Using a buttered long knife, cut into bars.
Now for the most delicious part!
- Chocolate-Dipped Marshmallow Treats: small heavy saucepan cook and stir 1 ½ cups bittersweet chocolate pieces & 6 ounces chocolate-flavor candy coating over low heat until melted and smooth. Dip half of each chocolate into melted chocolate mixture, letting excess drip back into saucepan. Can sprinkle with desired sprinkles if you want extra fun! If you want the Caramel-Pretzel Mallow Treats you carefully spread caramel-flavor ice cream topping over cereal mixture and then sprinkle with chopped pretzels.
2. Candy-Box Caramels comes in at number 2 on our Fabulous Faves! This is a tasty treat for your loved one that is easy to eat and mess free! This makes up for 48 servings, beyond plenty!
- 12 ounces chocolate and/or vanilla-flavor candy coating, coarsely chopped.
- 1 cup toffee pieces crushed and finely chopped pistachios.
- 48 short plastic skewers (or however many you need)
- 14- Ounce package vanilla caramel (however many you need), unwrapped.
- 2 ounces chocolate and/or vanilla-flavor candy coating, chopped (optional.)
A. In a microwave-safe 4-cup measure, place the 12 ounces candy coating. Microwave on 100% power (high) for 3 minutes or just until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
B. Place toffee pieces, nuts, and/or nonpareils in a shallow dish. If desired, insert a skewer into each caramel. Dip one caramel into melted candy coating; turn to coat as much of the caramel as desired, allowing excess coating to drip off caramel. (If not using skewers, use a fork to lift caramel out of candy coating, drawing the fork across the rim of the glass measure to remove excess coating from caramel.) Place dipped caramel in toffee pieces, nuts, and/or nonpareils, turning to coat. Place coated caramel on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Repeat with remaining caramels. Let caramels stand about 1 hour or until coating dries.
C. If desired, microwave 2 ounces of a contrasting color of candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl on 100% power (high) for 2 minutes or just until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Cool slightly. Transfer coating to a small, heavy plastic bag; cut a small hole in one corner of bag and drizzle additional coating over coated caramels. Let caramels stand until set. Makes 48 pieces.
1. Now our number one favorite is Cherries Dipped in White Chocolate. This is how Fabulous Foods would do Valentine’s Day. This classy, fun treat not only tastes good but looks just as good as well! This dish serves 6-8 and takes 20 minutes.
- 2 big handfuls of cherries
- 150g white cooking chocolate
- 1 packet of silver sugar pearls
A. Line a baking tray that will fit in your fridge with baking paper.
B. Melt chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl over a barely simmering saucepan of water. White chocolate can be trickier to melt than milk or dark, so watch it carefully because once it starts to burn, there’s no going back.
C. Dip the cherries into the melted chocolate a few times then place on the baking tray. While the chocolate is still wet, drop tiny pinches of sugar pearls onto the chocolate. You may have to pick up the cherry to get good coverage, though there’s no need for precision.
D. Place the cherries in the fridge until the chocolate is set.
E. Serve with an empty bowl, ready for the discarded pips.
With these top 5 favorites your Valentine’s Day will be the best and out beat any other surprises for your loved one. These show creativity in your care and not only does it show, but it will taste just as good! Make sure to keep checking back for more tricks and recipes done the FABULOUS way.