Summer and warm weather is officially here, and we all know what that means- barbecues! What better way is there to celebrate a summer holiday, special event or celebration than an outdoor barbecue? Whether you are having a small get together or a full-blown party, we have the inside scoop on how to throw your event.
1. “Wow” Your Guests With Delicious Food!
When you hear summer barbecue, the first thing that comes to mind is delicious food! We understand the pressure that you will be feeling to truly impress your guest- but don’t worry! We have some delicious recipes for you that will leave your guests wanting more:
- Chips & Dips
- Potato & Tortilla Chips
- Hummus, Guacamole, Sour Cream & Salsa
- Crudité of Vegetable ~ Herbs with Spinach Crème Fraiche & Red Pepper
- Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail ~ Cocktail Sauce, Horseradish, Lemons &Garnish
- Garden Toss Salad ~ Cucumbers, Tomato, Radicchio, Purple Radish & Carrots.
- On-Side ~ Gorgonzola, Pickled Red Onions, Roasted Walnuts, Creamy Italian Dressing, Lemon Herb OO & Balsamic Dressing
- Cold Pasta Salad – Garden Vegetables, Arugula & Basil Dressing
- Potato Salad – Housemade
- Heirloom Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella, Basil & Olive Oil
- Hot Dogs ~ Hot Dog Buns
- Kraut, Relish & Mustard
- Housemade Vegetable Burgers ~ Wheat Buns
- BBQ Chicken ~ Honey Barbecue Sauce
- Grilled Filet Mignon ~ Horseradish Aioli, Mixed Mushrooms & MushroomAu Jus
- Grilled Salmon ~ Lemon Mango Papaya Relish & Dill Crème Fraiche
- Baked Beans
- Corn on the Cob ~ Butter & Black Cracked Pepper Mill
- Sirloin Sliders ~ Brioche Buns
- Toppings – Lettuce, Tomato, Caramelized Onions, Pickles, Hot Peppers, Cheddar, Swiss & Gruyere
- Sauces ~ Ketchup, Pesto Mayo, Chipotle & Honey Mustard
2. Choose The Perfect Summer Drinks!
Cheers to summer! Beer and wine goes great with any summer barbecue, but a signature cocktail is a fun and easy way to truly spice up your party! Give your cocktail a creative name that relates to your event and fits your theme. Check out these drink recipes that your guest will be sure to love:
- The Real Mojito ~
- 10 fresh limes
- 1⁄2 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 tablespoons white sugar or to taste
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces white rum
- 1⁄2 cup club soda
- Watermelon Mojito ~
- 30 large fresh mint leaves, coarsely torn by hand
- 3 to 4 thick slices of fresh watermelon
- 12 ounces light rum, such as Bacardi
- 1⁄2 cup of simple syrup
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juices
- Springs of mint and spears of watermelon, for serving
- The Blue Hawaiian
- 1 oz blue curacao
- 3 ozs pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 oz sweet and sour
- ○ 1 oz vodka
3. Stay Organized
It is important that you enjoy your barbecue along with your guests! Stay organized and plan ahead so that you can truly focus on having fun during your barbecue. Creating an event checklist is a great way to make sure that you are dotting all your i’s and crossing all of your t’s!
4. Set The Mood With Some Fabulous Music!
Get the party going with some fabulous music! Whether you are choosing to play your own music, hire a dj or hire a live band to play, it is important to remember this detail! If you are planning to play your own music, create a playlist that will truly set the mood for your event!
5. Dessert, Dessert Dessert!
Dessert is one of the most important details to any party! What is on the grill is important, but who can resist a delicious dessert? Try some of these truly fabulous dessert options at your next barbecue:
- Watermelon ~ Elderflower & Mint Parfait Cup
- Honeydew & Pineapple ~ Limoncello & Mint Parfait Cup