We’re turning the clocks back this weekend which can only mean one thing, the holiday season is right around the corner. Things can get a little hectic around this time of year, especially when you’re the host! That’s why we’ve created this survival guide to making hosting the holidays a breeze!
- Organize Your Guest List: Who do you plan to invite? Did you leave room for last-minute RSVPs? Always set a manageable number of party guests that you can celebrate with!
- Invitations: Holiday Party invitations set the tone for your holiday event, so it’s important to take some time choosing the right one to fit your occasion! Whether you’re sending an evite or an old-fashioned mailed card, make sure to include the date, time, location & holiday theme of your party!
- Food & Drink: Whether you’re going to be having a full dinner, passed hors d’oeuvres, stations or all the above, make sure to plan accordingly. A few things to take into account:
- Do any of your guests have food allergies or restrictions?
- Do you want to do custom-themed desserts?
- Are you going to do the entire cooking, have your guests each bring a dish, or book a caterer?
- Are you serving liquor, signature drinks, or non-alcoholic beverages?
- Have you considered a hot cocoa station or dessert area for your guests to enjoy?
- Would you benefit from servers, bartenders & clean up services?
Having the menu and beverages taken care of ahead of time will save you time and stress in the future. Whether you’d prefer a caterer to handle the cuisine or you’d rather take care of it all yourself– make sure to have your menu completed to you & your guests liking ahead of time!
Other than the food, parties are all about fun and entertainment! Putting on a great party takes planning and consideration, and the difference is in the details! Take a look at all of the “extras” that will up the ambiance of your festive celebrations!
- Party Atmosphere: It’s what makes the party come to life! The following factors could make or break your big bash:
- Music – Have you considered live entertainment or will you be streaming your favorites from an iPod?
- Décor – Decide on dandles, festive decorations, high tops, tables, chairs, and seasonal linens.
- Table Settings – Will your guests be dining on upscale disposable dishware and flatware? (Think of the easy cleanup!), choose from decorative linen napkins or festive paper napkins.
- Party Favors – Send your friends and family home with little trinkets to remember their time at your party!2. Party Activities: Who doesn’t love this?! Holding a contest? Dare to wear your ugliest holiday sweater or build a beautiful gingerbread house in record time, these activities can pretty much guarantee a good time!
At the end of the day, holiday parties are all about creating memories with those closest to you. We know if you follow this checklist, every detail of your party will be planned to a T, which means you can focus on having a great time when the day comes!