A base recipe that can be easily enhanced with flavors like Sundried Tomato, Roasted Red Pepper, Kalamata Olive, Roasted Garlic, Spinach Artichoke, etc. and served with a variety of raw veggies, flatbreads, crackers & pita!
Quick Creamy Classic Hummus
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons liquid from the chickpeas
Prepare food processor fitted with the steel blade. Add ingredients to the food processor and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed. Taste, for seasoning, and serve chilled or at room temperature with raw vegetables, flatbreads, or pita chips. Enjoy!